Saturday, September 28, 2013

Bayou Brunch Review

I live just blocks from Bayou (located at 2519 Pennsylvania Avenue NW) and have somehow never stopped in. This weekend for brunch I decided that I wanted to test it out. I left Bayou feeling pleasantly full, with a small doggie bag in tow for the next day's breakfast, and without a major dent to my wallet. 


Bayou has a great dining area, in addition to some outdoor seating. My friend and I decided to sit outside since it was a beautiful fall day. Although their brunch menu is on the short side most brunch-fanatics will be pleased with the options. I was torn between the Bananas Foster French Toast and the Breakfast Po' Boy. But ultimately my sweet tooth won and I decided on the french toast at a very reasonable $9.95. I was served four large pieces of toast with plenty of bananas mixed with dark rum and maple syrup. Boy, was it delicious. Luckily my friend ordered the City Park Scramble so I got to try the scrambled eggs and  well-seasoned home fries. 

I will definitely be returning soon to this great New Orleans-themed restaurant for brunch so I can make sure to try that Breakfast Po' Boy. It was so convenient to the Foggy Bottom, West End and Georgetown neighborhoods and charges a very reasonable rate for a delicious brunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment