Sunday, October 6, 2013

Rock and Restaurants Returns to Boston: Dinner Review at Blue Inc.

Last weekend I took a trip home and had the chance to try a new restaurant in Boston, Blue Inc. Jason Santos is the Executive Chef and uses a unique twist of liquid nitrogen for food and drinks to add to his Asian, French and traditional American menu choices. To start I ordered the Purple Potato Gnocchi with stewed turkey, mushroom reduction and black truffle. I love gnocchi and it passed the test because the potato pasta melted right in my mouth. The turkey and stewed sauce was a nice edition and paired well with the pasta and the appetizer portion was just enough before my entree.


For the main course I chose the chef's signature dish, the Honey & Hoisin Glazed Duck Confit with sweet sticky rice, mango, cashews and coconut milk. When I picked the signature dish I knew it had to be good, but WOW! I was thoroughly impressed! Not only was the duck cooked perfectly, but the glaze was just enough to flavor the duck with a sweet taste. Between an appetizer and main course I couldn't bring myself to save enough room for dessert, although I was tempted to try a liquid nitrogen milkshake. Luckily, the Honey & Hoisin Glazed Duck Confit had enough sweetness from the honey and sweet rice to give my sweet tooth the fix it needed. Although next time I may skip the appetizer and choose from the many milkshake flavors (s'mores, the Boston cream Herald, pumpkin pie and almond joy.... need I say more to convince you to try these?) Blue Inc. is located at 131 Broad Street, a convenient location to South Station, Rowes Wharf and the Financial District.


No comments:

Post a Comment