Sunday, June 16, 2013

Estadio Restaurant Review

Address and Neighborhood: 1520 14th Street, NW Washington, DC 20002 in Logan Circle

Price Range: $$ (Typical entrees range from $10 to $15)

Overall rating: 4.5/5 for Service

4.5/5 Food Quality and Overall Value

I have tried my fair share of Spanish restaurants ever since I fell in love with tapas on my first trip to Spain in 2010. DC has a wide assortment of Spanish restaurants and many friends recommended Estadio so I finally decided to test it out! My favorite part about tapas is that you can sample many dishes and you have control over how much you spend. Generally, I purchase about two dishes and last night that led me to a pre-tax/tip total of $14.50. Not too bad right?

The restaurant has enough seating that we did not need a reservation on a Friday night and got seated immediately. Our waiter was friendly and the food service was speedy. I decided to try out the grilled country bread, tomato, olive oil & and Spain's famous jamón serrano & manchego cheese. This serves as a great mix of  flavors and the jamón serrano brings a salty flavor to the dish. I also sampled the croquetas de jamón, which are fried ham and cheese croquettes accompanied by a slightly spicy sauce and pickled cucumbers. I could not help but try a few bites of my friend's tortilla española with sweet red peppers. The tortilla is a classic dish made of eggs and potatoes. It was delicious and had plenty of flavor, compared to some restaurants where the tortilla can be bland. When I return to Estadio I would definitely order the tortilla. I would recommend Estadio to anyone interested in Spanish cuisine looking to spend a modest price on dinner in a casual and fun atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment