Monday, June 24, 2013

This Week's Playlist June 24th 2013

1. Lies- Deap Vally

2. This is What Makes Us Girls- Lana Del Ray

3. Hollywood- The Technicolors

4. Hours- Lemuria

5. We Own This Town- D. Watusi

6. Wakin On A Pretty Day- Kurt Vile

7. Long Way to Go- Andrew Stockdale

Deap Vally has a great set of music videos on YouTube, so between the videos and songs I have been listening to the female duo often and am getting antsy waiting for their CD release which was pushed back another week to July 1st 2013. "Lies" brings out some meaningful lyrics and plenty of girl power.

"Hollywood" by the Technicolors is a great rock song that brings in a bluesy feel. It was the best song that they played live when I saw them a few weeks ago and for that reason I have kept it on my playlist for my hour long commute every day. With both keyboard and guitar solos this song brings a different sound to their album Listener.

D. Watusi is a Nashville-based punk band. Their keyboardist, Christina Norwood is currently part of the JEFF the Brotherhood quartet. D. Watusi brings a poppy-punk sound and reminds me a lot of Swedish rockers, The Hives.

I'm looking forward to Kurt Vile's concert at the 9:30 Club in July. I originally heard of his first band, The War on Drugs. I am looking forward to hearing him because of his versatile sound. "Wakin On a Pretty Day" is my favorite track right now because it is instantly relaxing and soothing after a stressful and busy day.

That's all for this week, and unfortunately I have no upcoming concerts for a few weeks but look out for some awesome album reviews coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment