Monday, June 10, 2013

This Week's Playlist June 10th 2013

Need something to help you get excited for the upcoming work or school week? Do you have a long commute or stressful tests coming up? Check out my weekly playlist as a way to get rid of your Monday blues.

1. Paycheck- FIDLAR

2. Sixpack- JEFF the Brotherhood

3. Sweet Time- The Technicolors

4. In My Bed- The Orwells

5. I Wanna Dance (But I Don't Know How)- SKATERS

6. Too Close- Alex Clare

7. Afraid of Heights- Wavves

Every Monday morning I post 7 songs for the week that I have either recently heard for the first time or a few songs I just cannot stop listening to. After seeing JEFF the Brotherhood two weeks ago I have a few songs I keep playing on repeat. Sixpack is the perfect summer song about sitting back, relaxing and enjoying the sweet summertime. The Technicolors will be playing live at Black Cat (1811 14th St NW  Washington, DC 20009) on Wednesday night. Take a listen to Sweet Time and if you like Oasis and The Beatles you will like The Technicolors riffs and lyrics. And oh yeah, if you have some free time go to the show. It will only set you back $10 which is less expensive than a movie or dinner. Here's the link: http://www.ticketalternative.com/Events/23102.aspx

Also, I started to get really excited for Lollapalooza. I am in the final two month countdown to three days of non-stop music. The aftershows were just announced last week and I immediately bought tickets for Saturday night (August 3rd) to see The Orwells and SKATERS at Schubas (3159 N. Southport Chicago, IL 60657). The Orwells are from the Chicago suburbs and the band members are still in high school. Do not let their age fool you as they are already solid musicians. Wavves will also be playing at Lollapalooza and heighten my obsession with the newest generation of punk music.

No comments:

Post a Comment