Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Dolcezza Gelato Review

I have passed Dolcezza Gelato's Dupont Circle location many times and it has been on my dessert bucket list for months now. However, I finally decided I had to go when I found out that they are open in the morning and serve coffee and pastries.

They open at 8am Saturday morning and have speedy WiFi. I am not the typical college student and have become an early bird because I am the most productive from 8am-1pm. So this Saturday I decided to make the short trip to Dupont Circle with my laptop and a book in hand to catch up on some blog posts, indulge in a new book and see what Dolcezza has to offer.


I decided to try the almond croissant and a cappuccino. Prices were a little higher compared to Starbucks, but the croissant could easily serve two (I saved my second half for dessert that night)! The coffee was strong and I always love when shops have designs in the foam.

I will definitely return in the school year because I am always looking for a new coffee shop to study in! They also have Argentine cookies called Alfajores, two biscuits with a dulce de leche spread which I am looking forward to trying. Not only was the coffee amazing, but I got to try their yummy almond croissant. I love the coffee shop vibe for studying because it has just enough background noise, but is cozy and inviting, allowing me to be comfortable and productive. The fact that Dolcezza is open on Sundays, basically the perfect day of the week to study, is just another plus because DC has a bad habit of many shops being closed on Sundays. Now, I also need to take a trip back for their gelato.

No comments:

Post a Comment