Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lia's Restaurant Review



Address and Neighborhood: 4435 Willard Avenue Chevy Chase, MD 20815 in the Friendship Heights/Chevy Chase neighborhood

Price Range: $$$ (Typical entrees range from $15 to $25)

Overall rating: 4/5 for Service

4.5/5 Food Quality and Overall Value

A first look at Lia's menu and you might think it is a little pricey, however, if you are dining on a budget be sure to place your dinner order between 4 and 6:30 to partake in Lia's Twilight Delight special. For $19.95 you get an appetizer, main course, and dessert. It is almost too good to be true and they definitely do not skimp on the portion sizes.

Tomato-Watermelon Gazpacho

There are still plenty of choices to choose from on the Twilight Delight menu. Since it was a typical hot and humid DC day I decided to start with the tomato-watermelon gazpacho. I loved the watermelon taste and it came with an almond lace tuile cookie on the side that paired well with the gazpacho. 
Spaghetti and Meatballs

For the main course I decided on getting a classic dish, spaghetti and meatballs. The red sauce was the perfect consistency (I am very picky about tomato sauce, but this was up to my standards!) and the meatballs had a great flavor. I also loved that it was topped with ricotta cheese. Since I knew I had to save room for my dessert the leftovers also served as great lunch the next day.

Tiramisu with Raspberry Sorbet

Finally, the best part, for dessert I ordered the classic tiramisu which came with a scoop of raspberry sorbet. The cake was perfect, with just enough espresso taste and creamy mascarpone. Also, the sorbet was the perfect accompaniment, raspberry is one of my favorite flavors because it is just the right combination of sweet and tart. It was surrounded by a sprinkling of graham cracker crumbs which added a nice crunch to the sorbet.

Overall, I highly recommend Lia's especially because the Twilight Delight is too good to pass up. Where else can you find a high quality 3-course meal for any less than $19.95? Next time, I want to try their brunch because they have Brie Stuffed French Toast and a Cinnamon Scented Waffle with mascarpone and apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment