Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pop's Ice Cream Review

Address and Neighborhood: 109 King Street Alexandria, VA 22314  in Old Town Alexandria

Price Range: $ (under $10)

Overall rating: 4.5/5 Food Quality and Overall Value

Being from New England means that I love homemade ice cream. I don't care if it is 30 degrees or 90 degrees, I will still eat it for dessert. In the Boston area, I am spoiled by the number of homemade ice cream shops, but these are rare gems in Washington, DC. This was my first trip out to King Street, Alexandria (only takes about 20 minutes on the Metro), but it was a great way to get out of the city and it reminded me a lot of quaint, New England towns on the waterfront.

Walking into Pop's I was overwhelmed by their 63 flavors of ice cream. I could not help but sample two flavors: Baileys and Kahlua Chocolate Chip. Both were delicious so I decided to get one scoop of each in a cake cone. THe Kahlua Chocolate Chip is great because coffee and chocolate are two of my favorite things, so put the two together in the form of ice cream and I will definitely enjoy it! They also have a few flavors I would want to try next time I return to Pop's. One is a flavor aptly named "The Cavity," featuring vanilla ice cream with M&Ms, Snicks, Heath Bar and Butterfinger pieces and Coconut Cinnamon Crackers, which has cinnamon Teddy Grahams and coconut flakes. 63 flavors is way too many to try in one visit so I will definitely be stopping by King St on a beautiful weekend day when I have the time for shopping, as well as eating some more ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment